VisionQuest to Construct New Greenwood Office
January 1, 2022
VisionQuest Eyecare will be breaking ground this month on a new, state-of-the-art office in Greenwood to replace their current building.
The new $2.8 million building will be larger, have more employees, feature the latest technology and offer double the amount of parking space - with much easier access. Dr. Chris Browning of VisionQuest said plans are to open the new office in early September.
The new 12,000-square-foot facility will be located at 2887 South State Road 135 south of Stones Cross Road. This is approximately five miles south of the current office at 1160 North State Road 135. The location was actually chosen from a list of potential sites by VisionQuest's patient advisory board.
"When I moved into the (current) building 10 years ago with three staff members, we never dreamed that we would fill the building with doctors, staff and patients," Browning said.
Browning said the new eyecare center will be designed and built with the patient experience in mind - similar to an award-winning office opened in the Geist area at 13840 East 96th Street in 2020.
INVISION, an industry magazine and website, awarded VisionQuest's McCordsville office an Honorable Mention in its annual America’s Finest Optical Retailers contest. The office is described by a patient as “like the eye doctor and the Apple store came together.”
"We’ve always been an early adopter of technology in the medical field and the new layout will allow us to better integrate the latest in eye care and allows for easier adaption for yet-to-be-invented techniques and instruments, " Browning said about the new Greenwood office.
The space and technology in the new Greenwood office will enable VisionQuest "to treat more patients locally, rather than refer them to clinics on the north side of Indianapolis - as some of the equipment we have will be available in only a few areas of Indiana," Browning said.
The new building will feature separate entrances and spaces for subspecialties unique to VisionQuest's practice – Vision Therapy and Myopia Management. This will enhance the patient experience for these services by reducing waiting time, creating a more streamlined patient flow and allowing a different physical environment for the patients who require these special services.
The optical showroom will be approximately twice the size of the current office allowing for the largest selection of eyewear on the south side. "We have some of the most exclusive brands in frames and this will allow us to offer even more along with our trusted favorites," Browning said.
Browning said VisionQuest plans to add a new doctor and several staff to assist the doctor.
Other New Building Features
- Four electric car charging stations in the parking lot.
- Double the optical space with state-of-the-art, locally built custom cabinetry.
- Four dedicated procedure rooms for our dry eye and laser procedures - including glaucoma treatment.
- A dedicated contact lens fitting area, which is helpful because the practice offers custom-made lenses based on individualized, digital molds.
- A large contact lens storage area for one of the area's largest stock of diagnostic lenses – especially for hard-to-fit prescriptions.
- A large conference room with state-of-the-art audio visual capabilities for staff training.
- Many new energy efficiencies and green building practices, including environmentally friendly rain gardens to responsibly deal with runoff from the building while watering the native plants and trees that were designed by local award-winning landscape architect Jeff Mader of Mader Design in Beech Grove.
- Open concept with welcoming stations with staff to greet patients as we’ve worked hard to minimize medical paperwork.
- Large doctors’ library with multimedia capabilities for collaboration with other doctors to take care of patients.