Christopher J. Browning, O.D., is a Greenwood native who’s proud to follow his dream of providing eye care to his wonderful community. As he has severe nearsightedness himself, Dr. Browning is passionate about using cutting-edge technology to help his patients achieve excellent vision, particularly through contact lenses.
Education & Experience
After graduating with a degree from Indiana University in Bloomington, Dr. Browning received his Doctor of Optometry from Indiana University School of Optometry, focusing on ocular diseases and contact lenses. In his fourth year of studies, Dr. Browning trained in pediatric care and ocular surgery, with extensive training in geriatric and ocular disease at the VA in Fort Wayne.
His work has been published in several journals in the field of practice management, and he’s also served as a consultant to practices all over the country in areas of efficient delivery of healthcare and best care for patients. In addition to being a clinical investigator for a study with Bausch & Lomb in daily replacement contact lenses, Dr. Browning has also been a clinical investigator for Alcon Visioncare for Multifocal lens technology.
- Myopia management
- Contact lens exams
- Ocular disease management and treatment
- Laser vision correction co-management
Achievements / Memberships
- Winner of the TLC Laser Eye Centers’ Dennis Kennedy Excellence in Eyecare Award
- Active in the professional organization representing Indiana Optometrists and the patients they serve
- President of the Indiana Optometric Association in 2019
- President of the Central Indiana Optometric Society in 2010
- 2011 “Young Optometrist of the Year” by the Indiana Optometric Association
- Meritorious Service Award Indiana Optometric Association 2023
- Greenwood Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors 2014-2021
Get to Know Dr. Browning
Dr. Browning lives in Greenwood with his wife, three children, and their dog, Daisy. They hope to visit all the state parks in Indiana and are working on hitting all 64 national parks. He is very active at Saints Francis and Clare Catholic Church, where he served many years as a youth baseball and football coach. Despite his busy schedule, he still enjoys making time for reading, cycling, training at the gym, and playing golf.